It has taken me some time but I have finally been able to do it. I was able to copy my premade database into my app and I have pulled rows of data from it. I will work on cleaning the code up and putting comments into it. Once I am finished with the edits I will post the code to a page on this site. It was very exciting when my app loaded into the emulator without errors and the database appeared to be copied over. I did have a problem where it looked like only half of the data from the database was copied over. My test database comes to 8kB right now and the emulator was only showing 4kB worth of data. I don’t really know what was the problem and I will need to look into this more but I found out that if I checked if the database was there and if not ran the copy again after doing that check the database fully copies over without a problem. I am now working on the other functions of my app and hopefully I will soon have a large part of it working.
The database has been copied!